Due: March 16, 2023
Rube Goldberg Machine
The students will be creating a Rube Goldberg Machine for the STEM Fair this year.
The requirements include:
1) Project must fit on the student's desk. (18 in. x 34 in.)
2) Project must include eight (6th grade), ten (7th grade), twelve (8th grade) different actions for 8th grade.
3) Project must complete one of the following actions:
*drop a ball in a container
*ring a bell
4) Any type of materials can be used with the exception of anything that could be dangerous (fire, firecrackers, matches, candles, animals, etc) Please ask if you have any questions on what can or cannot be used.
5) Simple Machines--Please include four simple machines (lever, pulley, inclined plane, wheel, axle, wedge, screw)
4 Gallons of water
5 1/2 cups of Dawn Dish Soap
5 1/2 cups of Corn Starch
11 Tablespoons of Baking Powder
11 Tablespoons of Glycerin (can be found at Walmart in the Pharmacy department or a craft store in the soap making department.